4.23.2010

my favorite spot

I have a favorite little spot in my house. It is probably the most unexpected place for me to call my favorite, but there is just something about it that I love.  It really is just the half wall that separates the stairway from the living room – basically a wall with barely enough space for a table.

  IMG_2085

But it feels like “me”.

With some of my very favorite things: book pages glued to the wall,

 IMG_2086

old books, a few of my cherished old bibles, monograms & family photos

IMG_2088 

IMG_2090

Most of all I love the crazy juxtaposition of it all. Take a sleek {yet dusty} glass table against a tattered papered wall, throw in a rustic wire basket and Ryan’s old fire extinguisher and we’ve got that eclectic look I adore.

IMG_2089 

Do you have a favorite spot in your home that best represents your design style? Please share!

4 comments:

  1. I can see why this is your favorite spot. It is so layered with so many interesting pieces and textures. I love it too. I think my favorite spot to look at is my glass kitchen cupboards with white dishes and a touch of black for balance. I just like looking at that portion of my kitchen a lot. I like the idea of this post, it would be a good one to tag people with so they could show their favorite spot. Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I LOVE it! The book pages on the wall is so creative and it really looks fantastic. Great work Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous25.4.10

    my two favorite spots are both in the dining room. one corner is filled with a comfy chair & ottoman and the other has my writing desk.

    these photos are wonderful. LOVE the pages of the wall.

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete